Monday, August 1, 2011

Posers

I hate posers. I was at camp for two weeks- I just got home a couple of days ago. At the beginning of camp I mentioned Black Veil Brides while talking to a couple of my friends. The girl got excited and began to say that she loves to listen to them. In the next couple of days we were sitting on a picnic table with our iPods and I asked if she had any BVB on hers. She said she didn't because she was afraid of what her parents and sisters would think or say. That pissed me off. BVB's whole message is about being yourself and not giving a fuck what anyone else thinks. But can I really complain? I myself am a poser. This camp I was at was a church camp I've gone to every year including the year I was born. I used to consider myself a Christian. But now I don't really. I'm not religious. I'm not faithful. But at camp and at church I pretend to be. So do I really have a right to be mad at other people when I do the very same thing? So many people do things like this though. You act different around your friends than you act around your family. You act different with your significant other. You act different when you are alone. I know this is true. So why does it bug me so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment