Saturday, July 9, 2011

Judgement

For no apparent reason I've always thought of emos as being non-judgmental. Maybe it's because we've had to deal with being judged and we know how it feels so we ourselves wouldn't pass judgement. I've realized that this is incorrect. Emos judge people. You can't deny it. We call people preps based off of how they look and act. We hate them because of it. That's just as bad as people hating us for wearing black or dying our hair. Everybody judges people. Hell, my dad even judges me. Today while in Hot Topic I was showing him a shirt I wanted. It happened to be a Black Veil Brides shirt. Then we were talking about some of the other shirts and I came to find a blue All Time Low shirt. I pointed it out, saying that it was cool. He proceeded to say, "I like that. It's more your style." That pissed me off. I pointed to the BVB shirt and said that something like that was my style. He told me it wasn't. I raised my voice and said that he didn't know what my style was and that he wasn't in my head. Has he ever stopped to think that maybe I don't dress the way I want to because I don't have the clothes. The clothes I have aren't all what I would consider my 'style.' I wear them but they don't always describe me. Maybe that's why I wear them. So people can't figure me out. But no matter what the situation or reason, we all pass judgement. We pass judgement and then complain about others passing judgement. The only way others will stop is if you stop. Change can happen. But it starts with YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment