Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Attention

Almost everybody accuses emos of being, "attention-seeking whores." We all deny it. We say we're not looking for attention. We just want someone to help. Someone to care.But by attempting to get people to notice us and our problems are we not seeking attention? I've recently realized. We are seeking attention. Everyone is. It's part of human nature. We all just want to be acknowledged and loved and cared for. It's a simple goal really. But by doing so we are seeking attention. But emos aren't the only ones. We just get called out because we are different. If and/or when we do get the attention what happens? Well I'll tell you. A few days ago I was texting a friend. Her boyfriend and her had just broken up. She asked if him and I had texted that day. I told her we hadn't and that nobody really texted me anymore (I didn't mention that if they did it's because someone else stopped texting them and they were bored). She said she was sorry and she would text me more. Isn't this what I wanted? Didn't I want someone to acknowledge me and care? That's what I thought I wanted. But then I found myself saying that it was fine and I was used to it. If that's what I wanted why was I denying it? It doesn't make any sense.Being human is a mystery. And each time we think we have something figured out, something new that we don't understand pops up. Will we ever understand life?

No comments:

Post a Comment