Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Getting It Off Your Chest

So many emo people say that nobody understands them. Some may say that they just haven't explained it well or they are keeping it locked up. In some cases this is probably true. But other times, we do try to tell the people we care about that we are hurting. The problem isn't that we can't explain it, it's that they don't listen. From my personal experience, people just won't understand. I've tried hinting to my 'friends' that something's wrong and I've straight up told them that my smiles and happiness is fake. They said, "I know..." But they don't know or care because right after they said that they continued talking about their problems and being selfish. Is it really so hard for people to listen to one another? Is the world really so fucked up that we can't think about someone else's needs if only for a couple minutes? I don't understand this. I've always been there for my 'friends' when they are having trouble and I've never complained to them about it. Why can't they do the same for me? Why can't people listen to emos?

No comments:

Post a Comment